Students shall be dressed in clothing appropriate for instruction. Clothing which disrupts the learning environment is expressly prohibited. Dress must reflect appropriateness as to time and place.
Students, parents, and guardians are expected to comply with the following dress guidelines:
1. All students shall wear the uniform shirts provided by the Academy daily.Only one white, black or dark blue t-shirt may be worn under uniform shirt. Students MUSTwear uniform pants and skirts (Black or Navy). Wearing jeans of any color is prohibited.
2. Dark blue or black uniformpants or skirts are to be worn with the uniform shirts. Skirts MUSTbe knee length. Any item of clothing or jewelry containing a symbol of a gang, or which, by its manner of display, constitutes a symbol of a gang, shall not be permitted. Such clothing may include, but is not limited to: medallions, necklaces, rings or other jewelry, shoelaces, caps, hats, and T-shirts. For purposes of these guidelines “gang” refers to any group of two or more persons whose purposes included the commission, conspiracy, or advocacy of illegal acts. Wearing of jeans is NOT ALLOWED.
3. Dress must reflect appropriateness as to time and place. For example, toes and heelsmust be protectively covered. Clothing and footwear must not have ornamentation that will damage furniture or floors or create a safety hazard to the student or to other students. Immodest clothing will not be permitted. All students pants must be worn at the waistline, with ablack or blue beltNO OTHER COLOR, DECORATION OR ORNAMENTS ON BELT ACCEPTED.Oversized clothing is not permitted. Pants are not to be cut at the bottom.
4. The wearing of hats, sweatbands, head scarves, visors, sunglasses, coats, jackets, windbreakers,hoodsor any other outer clothing are not permitted in the school building.
5. Male students are not permitted to wear earrings of any kind. This includes strings in the ear, toothpicks, or any other material. Female students that wear earrings must wear those that will not pose a disruption to the educational environment. Females may wear only 1 set of earrings in their ears.No other jewelry is allowed. All other types of visible body piercings or tattoos are prohibited for all students.
6. Any clothing with language or pictures conveying expressedor implied obscenities or sexual vulgarities, promoting the use of tobacco, alcohol, or other illegal drugs, inciting violence or other illegal acts, or conveying other messages inconsistent with the Academy’s values will not be permitted.Clothing displaying any advertising is prohibited.
7. Uniform shorts, in dark blue or black color, that are knee length may be worn during warm weather. Socks must be matching dark blue, black or white.
8. Hair styles for ALLstudents MUST be neat in appearance, age appropriate and natural color, MOHAWKS, designs in hair including lines, twists, puff and braids are prohibited. Male hair must be neatly cut. No cuts in eyebrows are allowed.
9. Females can wear one small hair accessory. That accessory must be one color only. No feathers or head scarves may be worn. Headbands should be no more than 1 inch wide with no large ornaments attached.
The Academy is NOT responsible for any jewelry or personal items students bring to school.